Colonics (sometimes referred to as colonic irrigation) have been used for centuries to flush out the bowels and is based on the concept that digestive waste is toxic to the human body. Today, the process involves the insertion of a tube into the rectum through which warm water (as much as 60 liters or 16 gallons) is pumped. The water is then either sent out of the body through a second tube or naturally via increased bowel movements following the approximately hour-long procedure.
- Relieves and prevents constipation, which can increase the potential for other medical conditions and irritations.
- Increase energy levels, as well as improved blood circulation and improved sleep, have also been cited.
- Many people believe that everything a person absorbs, breathes, and eats or drinks ends up being processed by the gastrointestinal system, liver, and kidneys. If not flushed from the body as quickly and efficiently as possible, toxins can wreak havoc. By releasing stagnant waste, the causes and risks or polyps, cysts, and other growths in the colon are reduced or eliminated.
- Improves digestion and aids in the retention of necessary vitamins and minerals; a clean, clear path allows waste to pass quickly for the body and improves the likelihood of enhanced nutrient absorption.
- Improved mood—a proper-functioning colon is essential for ensuring appetite-control, sleep, mental processing, and hormonal balance
- Stimulates metabolism and leads to weight loss; some people claim to have lost as much as 20 pounds in the month following colonic irrigation.
- Clearer skin; toxins that live in the colon may reach the bloodstream and exit through the pores. Since colonics remove toxins before they reach the bloodstream, clearer, healthier skin may result.
- Improved focus and mental clarity; the buildup of mucus and toxins in your colon can prevent your body from getting what it needs to function, even if you eat a consistently healthy diet. Cleansing the colon with a detox diet can be the difference between feeling alert and not being able to focus.
- Overall whole-body well-being; eliminating waste and toxins can result in feelings of lightness, increased energy, and overall good health.
Still, have questions about colonic irrigation? Call one of our certified therapist, they’d be happy to discuss the process and benefits and if it’s right for you (and how to make the most of your colon hydrotherapy) any time.